Bedework is a Java-based, open-source enterprise calendar and scheduling system that supports public, personal, and group calendaring. It is designed to conform to current calendaring and scheduling standards with a goal of attaining strong interoperability between other calendaring systems and clients. Bedework is built with an emphasis on higher education, though it can be (and is) used by many commercial enterprises.
Three of the Spherical Cow Group's members are Bedework developers and serve on the Bedework Steering Committee. As such, we have keen insight into using, building, and supporting Bedework installations and integrations both large and small.
SCG consultants offer these Bedework-related services:
- Adding functionality to Bedework (with an eye towards contributing generally-useful code back to the Bedework project)
- Customizing existing Bedework functionality; solving site-specific integration challenges
- Skinning the Bedework web clients
- Deploying Bedework public events sites
- Deploying Bedework personal calendaring sites
- Training in the use of Bedework